6 Ways to Eat More Fruits and Vegetables
80 percent of us don't consume anything close to five servings of fruits and veggies, according to the American Dietetic Association. Here's how you can up your intake.
- Favor dishes incorporating as many plant-based ingredients as possible, such as stir-fries, soups, salads and rice salads.
- Keep crunchy raw vegetables on hand, such as carrot sticks, jicama and pepper strips.
- Add leafy greens such as spinach leaves and watercress to sandwiches.
- Consider nutrient-rich squash as a side dish.
- Top cereal and salads with fruit, nuts, sesame seeds or pumpkin seeds.
- Empty a can of beans or tomatoes into your favorite casserole.